This page links to articles, interviews and other kinds of press about Blackbox, kept on other websites.
- Do not confuse this with our own BlackboxNews, which are pieces of information related to this site and to Blackbox development, posted by wiki contributors. There's also DocumentationLinks, which lists tutorials and docs on other sites.
Add entries in the list below. Add the publish date, title of the article/interview, the name of the author, a link if the article is online, and a short description if appropriate. Follow the format of the other entries and try to keep the list ordered by date (newest first). Make sure the article isn't already present.
- 2005-Dec-18: Flexibility - the Core of Open Source* by Pamela Jones
GROKLAW* discusses flexibility on Linux in general and the Linux desktop in particular, and uses Blackbox as a positive example of a really flexible way of doing things.
- 2005-Nov-03: Blackbox 0.70.1 Released* by Ciprian Popovici
OSNews* published a newspiece and changelog announcing a stable release in the 0.70 series.
- 2005-Mar-28: Blackbox (Finally) Updated*, by mpeg4codec*
Newspiece picked up by Slashdot* after the previous OSNews story. Lots of interesting comments.
- 2005-Mar-07: Blackbox is back*, by CiprianPopovici
Small article published by OSNews* with the occasion of the 0.70 stable launch.
- 2004-Nov-27: Lightweight Window Managers: Tools of Choice*, by OrangeCrate*
Overview of window managers and desktop environments for X Window. Presents Blackbox as one of the alternatives.
- 2001-Aug-12: Tricking out your desktop with Blackbox*, by Agatha Codrust
A Linux user fed up with complicated window managers describes her turn to Blackbox.
- 2000-Oct-09: From the Desktop: Blackbox*, by Brian Proffitt
Shopping for a new monitor somehow leads the author to a presentation of Blackbox.
- 1998-Jun-28: The Blackbox Window-Manager*, by Larry Ayers
A presentation of Blackbox in its early days.